The days are sunny and warm, and the nights are cool and clear; sure signs Scottsdale has put another summer season in the books and is cruising into the most wonderful time of year for golf travelers from around the globe. Read on for the latest from Scottsdale’s most popular golf properties, just in time for fall and winter travel plans:
FRESH CUT GRASS
- The redesigned, rerouted Phoenician Golf Club opens for play Nov. 1, following a 10-month renovation and debuting an all-new 18-hole golf course which better accentuates the natural rhythm and flow of the Phoenician’s beautiful Sonoran Desert setting. The Phoenician’s new course plays to a par of 71, with yardages ranging from 4,418 to 6,501.
- Troon North Golf Club’s Pinnacle Course reopens Oct. 5, following a four-month enhancement project. Improvements included restoring green complexes to their original shape, size and contours; resurfacing the greens with creeping A4 bent grass; and renovating all bunkers to improve drainage, replace liners and fill with new sand. The green restoration process used GPS coordinates gathered from Tom Weiskopf’s original plans to plot exact sizes and contours.
- Located adjacent to the famed TPC Stadium Course, host site of the PGA Tour’s Waste Management Phoenix Open, Fairmont Scottsdale Princess has revamped its top-ranked Mexican restaurant, La Hacienda by Richard Sandoval. Restaurant updates include an expanded bar and lounge area, a larger Mezcal cellar, all-new menu items and 21 specialty craft cocktails (plus a tequila selection of more than 150 varieties, to boot.
- Boulders Resort & Spa is honing in on the athleticism of the game to help players fine tune their golf fitness and agility. Nicole Cavarra, LPGA teaching professional and certified fitness trainer, has developed a selection of programs at the Boulders ranging from traditional offerings like Golf Stretch & Conditioning and Golf Yoga classes, which focus on building strength and flexibility, to unique programs such as golf-focused Water-Resistance Training, which reduces stress on joints while increasing range of motion. Classes are offered each week.
- The Golf Escape package at Westin Kierland Resort & Spa offers guests luxurious accommodations and a host of fun, new ways to play golf, including the popular new TurfRider. These electric-powered, two-wheeled motor scooters allow players to zip from tee to green in no time and join the resort’s fleet of golf-outfitted Segway scooters, GolfBoards and Golf Bikes. Package rates start at just $219 USD per night, based on double occupancy. To book the Golf Escape package, call 800-354-5892 and use rate code TROONPKG.
To learn more about what makes Scottsdale the “World’s Finest Golf Destination,” visit ExperienceScottsdaleGolf.com.