From rubbing shoulders with well-known faces to elite guest lists, we’ve recently researched into the world’s most exclusive bars and members clubs, illustrating what it takes to paint the town red like the rich and famous.
Here are just a few to add to your bucket list!
- 5 Hertford Street – London, UK – So secret that even the membership cost isn’t revealed to the applicant, this West London spot is frequented by the likes of Leonardo DiCaprio and George Clooney.
- Metropolitan Club – New York, USA – Opened by the famous banker JP Morgan, the membership costs a cool $5,000 per year. Adhering to the formal dress code would see you drinking with the likes of Sofia Coppola.
- Berghain/Panorama Bar – Berlin, Germany – Regardless of status, Berghain is infamous for its firm door policy. The no-nonsense German club has supposedly rejected Britney Spears and TV host Conan O’Brien.
- Mutis – Barcelona, Spain – This invitation-only bar has hosted Hollywood royalty such as Robert DeNiro. The attraction for the ‘Raging Bull’ star could well be Mutis’ status as the ‘best cocktail bar in Europe’ from Drinks international magazine.
- KEE Club – Hong Kong – Arguably the most elite spot in South-East Asia, KEE is a salon-style haunt for A-listers like Michael Jordan and Bill Clinton. A lifetime membership to the bar is priced at 50,000 HK$.
- Silencio – Paris, France – Glitz and glamour are quintessential features of the French capital’s nightlife, and Silencio sits at the pinnacle. Director David Lynch owns the bar styled on his 2001 film Mulholland Drive, and it’s a favourite of rapper Kanye West.
You can view the full list of exclusive bars in the infographic below: