- Mobile is Now the Dominant Channel for Hotel Searches with over 53% share of US search volume. In economy, that’s 73% of all searches, compared with 53% for upscale and 45% for luxury hotels.
- Mobile Search Is Growing Fastest for Luxury Hotels: 23% in share of mobile searches, compared with 19% for upscale hotels and 14% for economy hotel brands.
- Mobile Bookings Spike on Weekends- peaking at 14% on Sundays.
- Last Minute Search and Bookings: 58% of hotel bookings occur last minute (0 to 7 Days before their stay) and one-third of all flights are booked last minute.
- Fastest rising hotel brand (in any category): Kimpton, followed by Home2Suites.
Sojern is travel’s leading performance marketing engine. With 350M global traveler profiles, 100K unique audience segments, and billions of predictive purchase signals including search and booking data from partners across the industry, we deliver billions in revenue and put more heads in beds, travelers in seats, and tourists in towns for our clients worldwide. From global enterprise brands to independent hotels, we work with companies around the world in air, hotel, car, cruise, and tourism to drive direct bookings. Headquartered in San Francisco, we manage key office locations in New York, London, Singapore, Omaha and Dubai to support our global services. For more information, please visit www.sojern.com.