It’s awards season, which means that it’s time to celebrate the talent behind all your favorite movies and television shows.
Planning to host friends for a watch party? Here is how to bring the elegance and excitement of Hollywood right into your living room:
• Encourage evening wear: While your guests may not be delivering acceptance speeches to millions of viewers nationwide, that’s no reason for your crew not to look their best. Invite friends to wear their most fabulous frocks so everyone can feel glamorous like those on screen.
• Lay down the red carpet: In your walkway or foyer, consider laying down a red carpet. Hang a tinsel backdrop and take photos as everyone arrives. This will make for memorable social media posts. Don’t forget to create your own hashtag!
• Create a delectable spread: Create a spread of light bites that are easily enjoyed while viewing the event. Favor items that can be eaten in one or two bites without utensils, such as charcuterie and satay skewers. Don’t forget everyone’s favorite movie-viewing snack — popcorn. Elevate this theater favorite by dusting it with herb and spice combinations like paprika and sea salt, truffle or chives.
• Play games: Create awards show bingo cards. Print ballots and allow guests to guess the winners. There are plenty of great party games that will give everyone a personal stake in the event! For a bit of added fun, gift the winners with a mini bottle of bubbly and let them give their own speeches.
• Add bubbly to the equation: Celebrate your favorite actors and toast to the winners with a bottle of Champagne Taittinger, one of the last family-owned Grand Marque Champagne houses. The brand is partnering with the Screen Actors Guild (SAG) Awards to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the show, serving as the event’s Champagne sponsor; a role they’ve held for the past 18 years.
Whether you pour the lively Prestige Rose NV or delicate Brut La Française NV, serving partygoers these signature selections will mean that they’re enjoying the same bubbles as all their favorite actors. You’ll also be opting for a Champagne house that’s raising funds for the SAG-AFTRA Foundation’s Emergency Assistance Program, which supports actors and their families in times of urgent need. The award show will air on Sunday, Jan. 27, 2019 at 8 p.m. EST / 5 p.m. PST on TNT and TBS.
With a few elegant touches, you can razzle-dazzle guests this awards season by hosting a viewing party fit for the stars.