The Swiss are masters of time, establishing themselves as the world’s greatest timekeepers. Luxury watch craftsmen spend weeks, if not months, handcrafting the meticulous mechanisms, routinely producing quality at the highest level. As the world’s foremost horological enthusiasts and expert watchmakers prepare to venture to the world’s largest watch trade show in Basel (Switzerland), Zicasso pays homage to these “Masters of Time” with a 9-Day Luxury Watchmakers Tour of Switzerland and Germany.
Visiting Geneva, Montreux, Neuchâtel, Bern, Basel and Zurich in Switzerland, as well as the Black Forest region in Germany, travelers will be introduced to the extravagant styles and intricate mechanics of Switzerland’s best luxury watchmakers (including Franck Muller, Lionel Meylan, and the International Watch Company), as well as the world-famous cuckoo clocks, which have a storied history linked to Germany’s Black Forest Region.
Dates are customizable, but guests wishing to enhance their horological experience can align their trip with Baselworld 2018 (March 22 – 27, 2018), which brings together the biggest names in the jewelry and watchmaking industry.
Pricing begins at $4,499 USD per person based on four people traveling in double occupancy, and includes 8 nights in premier accommodations with breakfast included, 7 privately guided tours, exclusive access to the Haute Horlogerie workshop (Switzerland’s oldest watchmaking school), admission to Audemars Piguet Museum, Museum of the International Watch Company, Corum Museum, and Lionel Meylan workshop, visit to the Geneva Franck Muller Boutique, entry to the world’s largest cuckoo clock in Germany’s Black Forest, dinner at the Swiss restaurant Kronenhalle (famous for its art masterpieces which include the works of Marc Chagall and Pablo Picasso), hands-on experience with a Basel boutique artisan of fine Swiss chocolate, and 24/7 travel concierge service. International airfare is not included.
Highlights of the “Masters of Time: A Watchmaker’s Tour of Switzerland and Germany”Include:
- Step inside the world famous tower of Bern’s astronomical clock that inspired Albert Einstein to develop his theory of relativity
- Experience the Haute Horlogerie workshop and reassemble watches under the guidance of expert clockmakers
- Relish the artistry of Franck Muller designs that balances contemporary style and time honored heritage of watchmaking at the flagship boutique
- Inspect the collection of nearly 250 watches displaying elegant, timeless style in the Museum of the International Watch Company
- Tour the famous Audemars Piguet Museum in Le Brassus and closely observe the focus needed to craft a luxury watch by artisans
- Delve into the heartland of the Cuckoo Clock in Germany’s Black Forest where the clocks are still handcrafted the same manner since its introduction
- Visit the world’s largest Cuckoo Clock and listen to its captivating call as it comes to life every 30 minutes
- Indulge in a hands-on artisan Swiss chocolate experience and taste the layers of flavor and variety of textures
- Relish luxurious accommodations, private transfers, and exclusive guided tours across Switzerland and Germany
For more information, please visit: https://www.zicasso.com/europe
Zicasso is an online luxury travel referral service that matches discerning travelers with the industry’s top 10% travel specialists. Zicasso gives busy, discerning consumers a hassle-free way to obtain customized, unique, and authentic travel experiences rarely found on existing online sites. To ensure the highest quality and value, each travel specialist is pre-qualified by Zicasso using a rigorous screening process and rated by real travelers who used Zicasso. For more information, visit www.zicasso.com.