Emilia-Romagna’s “Motor Valley” is one of the most distinguished regions in Italy’s long automotive history, filled with legendary test tracks and museums from some of most prized car brands in the world. The region is also world-famous for its slow-food scene, which highlights regional delicacies such as Parma ham, Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, and balsamic vinegar.
Zicasso’s itinerary explores the region of Emilia-Romagna, highlighting the cities of Modena, Bologna, and Maranello. In Modena, where the Maserati family founded their eponymous car brand in 1912 and continue to operate, Maserati offers guided factory and museum tours to the public and, for some special visitors, a chance to take one of the models for a test drive. Modena is also home to the super-elite Pagani brand of supercars, which produces fewer than 20 each year! Bologna is home to the Lamborghini sports car brand, as well as the Ducati motorbikes where visitors can go for a test drive with an experienced instructor. Finally, the town of Maranello is home to one of the most iconic Italian brands, Ferrari, housing its factory headquarters and museum. Here, guests can enjoy an unforgettable experience as a pit crew in a Formula 1 simulator and test-drive a Ferrari.
- Gain intimate details of true Italian masterpieces from the professional drivers, designers, and engineers of Maserati, Ducati, Ferrari, Lamborghini, and Pagani
- Test your hand as a professional Formula 1 pit crew member during a pit stop simulation in the Ferrari Museum
- Relish in the luxury and refinement of a Maserati, Lamborghini, and Ferrari on private drives through the countryside of Emilia-Romagna and on a race track
- Discover the power and prestige of Ducati on the test track under the guidance of an experienced instructor
- Embark on enriching tours of the main factories and museums of the 5 iconic Italian motor brands
- Savor the flavors of a freshly opened Parmesan wheel while exploring a dairy farm in Modena
- Taste the unique differences of balsamic vinegar at a villa specializing in exceptional 12- to 50-year-old aged traditional balsamic vinegar
- Sample farm-fresh Parma ham on a tour introducing you to the delectable and distinctive tastes of prosciutto
- Learn the intricate details of crafting specialty pasta in the heart of Bologna as taught by the traditional pasta makers known as Le Sfogline
This 10-day customizable itinerary begins at $4,129 per person, double, for the deluxe package that includes 9 nights of 4-star* accommodations with breakfast included, most meals, 5 test drives, guided tours to factories and museum tours, cooking class, and tastings of Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, Parma ham and balsamic vinegar. An upgraded package with 5-star accommodation is also available, beginning at $5,189 per person, double.
For more information and detailed itinerary, please visit the Zicasso website.