As the penultimate season of the hit HBO series Game of Thrones debuted to rapturous ratings on Sunday, July 16th, luxury travel service (and long-standing fans of the series) Zicasso is excited to introduce two new itineraries – one in Iceland, the other in Spain – representing the converging journeys of ice and fire that will draw the warring clans of Westeros into a climactic showdown. Travelers will have the opportunity to travel to the scenes of their favorite storyline, whether it takes them to the Icelandic tundra “North of the Wall” or the medieval Spanish streets and palaces of Westeros.
Viewers last saw fan-favorite, and newly appointed “King of the North,” Jon Snow, valiantly attempting to forge an alliance between the Night’s Watch military order and the wildling Free Folk to defend the icy northern border against the White Walker invasion. Unsurprisingly, the stark beauty and wild landscapes of Iceland made a vivid backdrop for filming. On Zicasso’s 7-Day “Game of Thrones Season 7 Iceland Tour: Winter is Here,” guests can trek like the Free Folks, traversing tectonic plains and lava fields, watching geysers erupt and take a dip in hot springs as they chase the elusive Northern Lights.
Highlights of “Season 7 Iceland Tour: Winter is Here” include:
- Enjoy a panoramic view of Vik’s black-sand beaches, where Jon Snow and his unexpected crew of three teams up on a dangerous mission north of the Wall;
- Discover Grjótagjá, a small lava cave and thermal spring that was Jon Snow and Ygritte’s secret love hideaway;
- Follow in the footsteps of the Hound and Brienne of Tarth when walking along the rocky cliffs of Thingvellir National Park, scenery for the impregnable Eyrie
- Traverse into the glaciers of Langjökull for a fascinating experience with a local guide knowledgeable about geology and glaciology;
- Wander through the lava fields of Dimmuborgir, the location where Mance Rayder set up the Wildling camp in Season Three;
- Chase the Northern Lights along the edges of the Arctic Circle, found outside of Akureyri on a private tour of the wilderness;
- Travel amongst lava fields and within the 8,000-year-old lava tubes of Vatnshellir Cave;
- Witness the frequent eruptions of Strokkur Geyser while visiting a filming location from Season Four;
- View the highest-flow hot springs in Europe at Deildartunguhver, where the 212 °F waters rush through at 180 liters/sec;
- Enjoy a premium level access to the Blue Lagoon for a unique spa experience based on the unique properties of Iceland’s geothermal seawater.
This 7-day customizable itinerary begins at $4,390 USD per person based on six people traveling in double occupancy at premium hotels, and includes daily breakfasts, privately guided tours, Blue Lagoon premium access, internal flights, northern lights hunt (weather permitting), all private airport transfers, and 24/7 travel concierge service. International airfare is not included.
Meanwhile, tensions are heating up in the south as Cersei Lannister seizes power in King’s Landing, the rival Tyrell and Martell families plot revenge, and Daenerys Targaryen prepares to the launch an offensive to retake the Iron Throne. Travelers intrigued by the sultry climate and exotic architecture of Spain will quickly recognize the kingdom of Dorne in the Moorish palaces of Seville and Granada, and the Free City of Braavos in the winding medieval streets of Girona. On Zicasso’s 12-Day “Season 7 Spain Tour: Fire & Blood,” guests can visit favorite haunts from previous seasons in Girona and Seville, while venturing on to new cities like San Sebastian, Bilbao, and Cáceres which are sure to hold memorable scenes in the weeks to come.
Highlights of the “Season 7 Spain Tour: Fire & Blood” include:
- Be the first to visit the newest filming locations of Game of Thrones Season Seven, such as Trujillo Castle, featuring as the Lannister family stronghold of Casterly Rock
- Visit the hilltop castle of Highgarden, the seat of House Tyrell, at one of the best-preserved castles in Andalusia, Castillo de Almodóvar del Río
- Spend a night at the Parador de Cáceres, a 14th-century castle turned into a premier hotel, at the World Heritage City of Cáceres
- Venture to a skilled blacksmith’s shop in Toledo, whose family has been handcrafting specialty swords for generations
- Enjoy the delectable gastronomy of San Sebastian on a private pintxos tour in one of Europe’s culinary capitals
- Delight in the prestigious horsemanship of the Royal Andalusian School of Equestrian Art in Jerez where the classical traditions of Spanish baroque horsemanship of the Andalusian horses are still practiced
- Savor the flavors of fine sherry wine during a private visit to a sherry winery and tasting in Jerez, the area where this fortified wine originated
- Indulge in the ambiance of medieval Girona, which served as filming locations for Braavos, the Great Sept of Baelor, and Horn Hill (Castle of Saint Florentina, a medieval 11th-century castle, and the ancestral home of House Tarly) in Season Six
- Wander the Ruins of Italica in Seville, once a Roman-age amphitheater for gladiators, return to the limelight in one of the show’s climactic moments.
This 12-day customizable itinerary begins at $5,059 USD per person based on four people traveling in double occupancy at 4-star hotels, and includes daily breakfasts, 11 privately guided tours, performance admission to the Royal Andalusian School of Equestrian Art, first class train ticket from Barcelona to San Sebastian, all private airport transfers, and 24/7 travel concierge service. International airfare is not included.
For more information about the “Game of Thrones Season 7 Iceland Tour: Winter is Here” itinerary, please visit: http://www.zicasso.com/luxury-
For more information about the “Game of Thrones Season 7 Spain Tour: Fire & Blood” itinerary, please visit: http://www.zicasso.com/luxury-
Zicasso is an online luxury travel referral service that matches discerning travelers with the industry’s top 10% travel specialists. Zicasso gives busy, discerning consumers a hassle-free way to obtain customized, unique, and authentic travel experiences rarely found on existing online sites. To ensure the highest quality and value, each travel specialist is pre-qualified by Zicasso using a rigorous screening process and rated by real travelers who used Zicasso. For more information, visit www.zicasso.com.
Note: Zicasso and “Game of Thrones Spain Tour” are not affiliated with, or sponsored or endorsed by, Home Box Office Inc./BCKORS, LLC./GROK!, LLC./Generator Entertainment/Suction Productions, Inc.